• The role of an admin is an honour to ensure order within the server. Being an admin is not a right or a free pass and you must not abuse these privileges. It is a duty as an admin to listen and watch the players and be aware of what is happening.
• The role of an admin has many responsibilities. This takes precedence over playing the game. You must watch players and discuss issues. Being an admin is not always FUN. You will likely be hated for making the decisions you have to make. You can’t always please everyone. You must be prepared for that. It’s important that you remain patient and calm.
• It takes good judgement and social skills to be a great admin – Knowing how to act and when to act. A great admin must be able to explain their actions and accept constructive criticism.
• Before you take any action on a player or make an accusation, you need to have evidence to back this up. For more information on how to record go here
• When the server has few members, don’t be so quick to punish. These players will help the server grow and then they can be punished when server is filling up. If the same team is winning frequently, imbalance the teams; for example, if SUS have won the last 5 rounds and there is 8 players in the server, move 1 player from SUS to SWAT or a better player to SWAT.
• Respond don’t react – players might do something that we consider obvious or common-sense like vip killing, team nading/killing etc. Don’t react and punish straight away. More on this below; our aim is to provide some leniency to new players without them feeling too guilty. We all started somewhere.
• It’s important that all communication, especially warnings, is personalised. Don’t just use an F key message but say the person’s name followed be what needs to be communicated (all in one sentence). Don’t just type their name and then the F key on the following line. If no response then SPEC them, discuss the issue then JOIN them back to the game.
• Admins are not permitted to join “undercover” they must use their FAB name and login with pass. SA is permitted to login “undercover” (an alias) and use pass but must identify themselves if asked in Adminchat to other admins. Failure to do so may result in losing admin access.
• Disrespect against other admins, players and clan members will NOT be tolerated. Don’t challenge another admin decision in public. Use admin chat in-game, forum or facebook.
• Non-English talking in server – First warn the player by using their name and advise English only or don’t use English. It is permissible for an admin to speak to them in their language in chat, or ask someone else to so they understand this. If they continue then mute. 3rd offence is kick and 4th offence is ban.
• Camping/Exit Camping – First warn the player by using their name and advise no camping/waiting allowed. 2nd offense take their weapons and if no response then spec them. Depends on what happens next as to what you do. For example, if they join themselves or just rejoin server you could do it again or perhaps kick them. 3rd offense would be a kick and a 4th offence would be a ban.
• Team Killing/Nading/Stealing Arrests – Warn the player that team attack is not allowed and not to do it. If no response advise them to at least apologise if they make mistake. If they say it’s a mistake leave it alone. Player could be new to VIP mode or new SWAT player completely. He also may have switched teams and forgot. If he says something perhaps he doesn’t speak English. 2nd offence take weapons, 3rd offence kick and 4th offence ban.
• VIP Killing – Warn the player that VIP killing is not allowed unless he was arrested and the 2 minutes has past. If no response advise them to at least apologise if they make mistake. If they say it’s a mistake leave it alone. Player could be new to VIP mode or new SWAT player completely. If he says something perhaps he doesn’t speak English. 2nd offence take weapons, 3rd offence kick and 4th offence ban.
• Cheating/Hacking – This is at admin discretion. They may kick/ban if they suspect cheating or hacking. However, they must be able to post evidence on forum and ban may be removed if it’s not proven correct. Some cheats are easier to detect than others (for example, team arrest is easy to detect). Keep in mind sometimes a cheat can be a false positive due to lag, or the playback on a video might need to be slowed down to assess better.
• Recruiting – this could be as simple as asking someone in server to go and play on another server even if FAB server is empty. If this happens warn the player. 2nd offence mute and 3rd offence kick
• See the below 3 strike action plan for Admins that break rules. Warnings will only be given to admin in private either through Facebook or Forum message.
“STRIKE 1” – Admin is warned about behaviour and given chance to change
“STRIKE 2” – If that admin doesn’t make a vast change admin rights are removed
“STRIKE 3” – If no change after losing admin rights they may be kicked from FAB